Monday, August 9, 2010

What this Blog is about

I did some thinking about what I wanted out of the Blog. Did I want to show off food? Or maybe I could teach how to make some meals?

What I have decided on is a little of everything, I want this Blog to be a kitchen Blog. I want to cover the various foods I make, the proper care and use of kitchen tools, to look at various foods and ingredients and the ways they can be prepared. I want to go in depth into how I organize my kitchen and plan meals. To show shortcuts and simplify preparation. I will find fun food facts and Old Wives tales and run experiments to see if its fact or fiction (kind of the MythBusters of the kitchen).

In addition to all of this, I want to reach out to people. I will take requests and suggestions and try them out in my kitchen a document for all to see. But beware, if you make a suggestion, there is a high chance I will give the final product to you (assuming all of the combined ingredients weren't too expensive). However I will steal away a single serving for myself, after all I do want to at least try the stuff I make.

4 comments:

  1. but maybe don't make Kefir because you have to use strange forms of bacteria and then it might make you sick and then I would feel really bad for my ridiculous suggestion...you can just buy it at Eat It Organic Market on Wall street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I did some research and I think it would be a fairly simple and safe process, similar to making yogurt and cheese. I just need to find somewhere to get Kefir culture to start the process.

    ReplyDelete